Surrounded by a romantic park and ancient manor buildings, Cesvaine Palace, a sculpture carved in stone, raises its towers to the sky. The palace of Adolf von Wulf is considered to be one of the brightest architectural achievements of the 2nd half of the 19th century. It is the masterpiece of eclecticism that unites architecture, sculpture, metalwork and painting.
Cesvaine Palace is a national architectural monument and since 1997 it has been included into the list of European Cultural Heritage.
Within the action "Visit Castles and Palaces in Latvia" the palace was awarded the honorary title of a "Dream Palace".
The palace was built between 1893 and 1896. Since 1919 there was a school housed in the palace but in 2002 a fire destroyed the roof of the palace. A new secondary school was built in Cesvaine and the palace is gradually recovering its initial appearance. In 2003 the roof of the left wing of the palace was restored, the tower of the palace was restored in 2006. Restoration works continue.
At the moment Cesvaine Palace houses Cesvaine Music and Art School, Municipal Agency "Cesvaine Tourism Centre" and Cesvaine Museum.
You can see both restored and not restored parts of the palace, walk around a large cellar and go up to the watchtower. We offer guide services and excursion programmes for children and pupils. Just married and wedding guests are offered to use the premises of the palace for unforgettable first wedding waltz, clanging glasses with champagne and enjoying palace music.